Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Course Syllabus Prezi

Thinking about the first day of school, I was reflecting on how boring it can be for students to have to sit through one dry but necessary explanation of the course syllabus after another.  Since one of my main goals for this year is to do even more in infuse technology into my classroom, I contemplated how I could do that on day one.  My students will be getting their own school issued laptops to use, but they won't have them on the first day, so I was trying to think about what I could do as the teacher to spice things up a bit while still conveying the necessary start of school information.

I'd looked at a few Prezi's over the summer on various topics, but I had never made one myself.  I've done plenty of PowerPoints, but never a Prezi.  Well, no time like the present!  Might as well demonstrate from day one that technology is an important part of the way we will go about our leaning in this class and model that I too am a learner.

So, without further ado, here it is!  My first Prezi!  Have a look and tell me what you think!  English 9/10 Syllabus Prezi.  I will still hand out a paper copy of the syllabus, but hopefully this Prezi will make it more engaging for students and set the technology tone for the rest of the school year! 



2 comments:

  1. Nice job. Love the anarchy reference. I think the prezi works well here, with your content and expectations.
    Good luck
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin! The levels of responsibility come from a book called Discipline Without Stress, Punishments or Rewards by Marvin Marshall. My school is adopting this program this year, so I thought I'd include it in the syllabus Prezi. Thank you for checking out my new blog and commenting!

      Delete